Author Topic: Shoalwater  (Read 5347 times)

Offline LOCK N LOAD

• Chasing Bait
Shoalwater
« on: Jan 31, 08 - 04:35:47 PM »
Can anybody give me the heads up on shoalwater boats,this is the one I am looking at right now but I am still undecide beacuse I like the Dargel Skout also.

Offline getbent

• Angler
Re: Shoalwater
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 08 - 09:29:06 PM »
 I like shoalwater boats. the skout and above boat are 2 different types though. look at how you want your storage, hole shot, draft, hp max, person capacity, and accessories. if i had to choose between the 2 i would go with the shoalwater- Dargel doesn't do it for me.  I just prefer other hull designs, but to each his own.

Offline sinkerfish

• Chasing Bait
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 08 - 07:23:08 PM »
Shoalwater...very happy with mine

Offline Capt.Lawrence Bernal

• Chasing Bait
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 08 - 08:05:05 AM »
I love my 19 tv smooth,dry and pretty shallow.It's no Flatscat but it will run very very thin.

Offline Texas Red

• Angler
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 08 - 08:30:46 AM »
I cannot comment on the Shoalwater, other than to say they sure appear to be solid boats.  However, I have owned a Dargel 190GS for the last couple of years (sold it in January).  Please let me know if I can answer any questions regarding Dargels.

Offline troutterratree

• Net Man
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 09 - 11:29:18 PM »
I haven't fished a Dargel but the Shoalwater is definately a good boat.  My brother n law has owned one for the past couple years and except for the mercury on the back the boat is great.  We fish four out of it easily, and have enough room for three people to store their wading gear (donut, boots, etc.)  The only downfall I can find is that the single bait well in the back corner can be a pain in the a** with four people.  As far as fishing skinny water it is great we normally run into about 6" and drift with ease.  His boat is a 97 and the hull still seems to be in great shape so I would recommend a Shoalwater.

Offline BIG AL

• Supporting Member
  • Bowed Up
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 09 - 12:38:58 AM »
  look into an outback .they have some new boats I think they are great its a similair boat.