Author Topic: Redfish Sandwich  (Read 3271 times)

Offline DWolfe

• Chasing Bait
Redfish Sandwich
« on: Jun 23, 10 - 04:57:33 PM »

Offline marker150

• Bowed Up
Re: Redfish Sandwich
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 10 - 05:27:25 PM »
Yes does!!!!!

Offline evil fish

• Angler
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 10 - 06:31:46 AM »
looks good, if you are going to make this sandwhich I would recomend you buy the good prosciutto from the deli counter and have them slice it thin.  you might need 2 layers but the end result will be less chewy. the way they make prosciutto is to place it in a brine bath for a long time to cure it so its tough when its thick, but tender when thin.  I will try this but omit the cheese, I dont like cheese with my fish.

Offline Honulea

• Bowed Up
  • "Pesca La Onda"
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 10 - 06:36:49 AM »
looks good, if you are going to make this sandwhich I would recomend you buy the good prosciutto from the deli counter and have them slice it thin.  you might need 2 layers but the end result will be less chewy. the way they make prosciutto is to place it in a brine bath for a long time to cure it so its tough when its thick, but tender when thin.  I will try this but omit the cheese, I dont like cheese with my fish.

"WHAT YOU MEAN NO CHEESE ... MAN, ... MANOLO TAKE CARE OF THIS PIECE OF ... CHEESE (SCAR FACE) ;D

Offline meatetarian

• Angler
« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 10 - 07:23:41 AM »
Looks mighty tasty!.....now the pressures on, got to go catch a redfish next weekend.

Offline evil fish

• Angler
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 10 - 07:52:03 AM »
"WHAT YOU MEAN NO CHEESE ... MAN, ... MANOLO TAKE CARE OF THIS PIECE OF ... CHEESE (SCAR FACE) ;D

dont get me wrong I am a cheese lover (and bacon) but in my world (as small as it may be) I dont put cheese on fish, its been engrained in my head that cheese doesnt work on fish, not to say I havnt done it in my 23 yrs professionally cooking and liked it.  cheese and fish is like red wine and fish. some red wines work and some dont. I guess I will try it maybe with some brie or goat cheese.

Offline Honulea

• Bowed Up
  • "Pesca La Onda"
« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 10 - 09:49:29 AM »
As a professional cook ... you would appreciate a good "fish au gratin" that some good eating.

"Pesca La Onda w/Cheese"

Offline evil fish

• Angler
« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 10 - 10:22:33 AM »
I will have to try it. you gots a recipe that I can try?  I am open to all foods and I mean all.  the only thing that I dont really like is calfs liver. 

Offline Honulea

• Bowed Up
  • "Pesca La Onda"
« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 10 - 10:45:48 AM »
I will have to try it. you gots a recipe that I can try?  I am open to all foods and I mean all.  the only thing that I dont really like is calfs liver. 

... since you asked:

Ingredients:
•1 1/2 pounds white fish fillets - cod, orange roughy, flounder, etc.
•1/4 cup dry white wine
•1 tablespoon lemon juice
•3/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon Tabasco or hot pepper sauce
•3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
•1 cup crabmeat or 6 to 8 ounces cooked shrimp, halved lengthwise
•3 tablespoons flour
•2 egg yolks
•2 tablespoons half-and-half
•2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Arrange fish fillets in single layer in greased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with wine, lemon juice, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Dot with 1 tablespoon of the butter and cover dish tightly with foil. Bake in preheated 400° oven until fish flakes easily with fork, about 25 minutes. Cool, then carefully drain off broth into a cup or bowl; measure 1 cup of fish broth and set aside. Top fish with crabmeat or halved shrimp. In saucepan melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour until smooth and bubbly. Stir in fish broth until thickened and smooth; remove from heat. Beat together egg yolks and half-and-half, then beat in a few tablespoons of the hot sauce fro the saucepan; return egg mixture to saucepan, whisking briskly. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Pour sauce over fish and shrimps; sprinkle with Parmesan. Broil about 5 inches from heat until fish is hot and top is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Serve with hot cooked rice or pastry shells.
Seafood au gratin recipe serves 6.

Offline evil fish

• Angler
« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 10 - 12:24:55 PM »
that does sound good.  I will try it soon. 

Offline marriemb

• Chasing Bait
    • fishing
« Reply #10 on: Jul 22, 10 - 03:15:15 AM »
Looks delicious will try for sure

Offline Rzrbak

• Chasing Bait
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 10 - 10:49:32 AM »
This sounds really good..... Years ago i got a recipe for fish and kraut sandwich with horseradish from a set of recipe cards i got from pins website..... It still is my favorite...