Author Topic: Waterloo Rods  (Read 11392 times)

Offline J.Dean

• CEO
  • Bowed Up
    • Texas Flats Fishing
Waterloo Rods
« on: Jan 31, 09 - 07:33:48 PM »
Waterloo Rods is back on board as a site sponsor, I was excited for a couple reasons, obviously sponsors help pay the bills, and if you don't think that's a good thing then just ask my wife ;) ( I love you honey  8) )

I know this will sound like a sales pitch, but those that know me know I'm not a salesman.  :D I just say it like I see it..

The other reason is I personally use their rods and have since before this site existed. They make a quality rod that's second to none, and stand behind every single fishing rod they build.

I agree these rods might not be for everybody, but if you toss lures all day you don't need me to tell you that every ounce counts, and after tossing a Waterloo, everything else just feels like a water soaked log..

They have rods for all occasions, and can custom build you any length or action you want, you can even pick the thread colors and have it personalized to your specs.

If your in the market for a top end fishing rod, you need to look at a Waterloo Rod

Offline Ankle Deep

• Bowed Up
Re: Waterloo Rods
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 09 - 08:41:39 PM »
Jeff great to finally me you at the boat show today. What you don't know is that I bought my first Waterloo rod from Jimmy Burns after I saw you.
First time I ever put out over $200 bucks for a rod but I love the sport and have the bucks so why not.
Rooster took a picture of me admiring my purchase. I'm looking forward to fishing with it next week. Not sure what baitcaster I want to put on it. I told Jimmy I was thinking of a Cronarch (Shimano) and he said they were a little heavy and suggested the new Curado 200 E7. Any thoughts? I was considering a Diawa but don't know much about them. I had two Curado 100DSV swiped off the boat last year.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 09 - 08:57:10 PM by Ankle Deep »

Offline J.Dean

• CEO
  • Bowed Up
    • Texas Flats Fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 09 - 08:51:32 PM »
Terry I wish we could have spent more time together, hopefully next weekend.

Sorry to hear about your curados getting stolen, that's a real bummer. I wish I had some advice for you but the reel I use is a Citica, my next will be a curado simply based on reviews from close personal friends, but I've never heard a negative comment about the cronarch.

I know that doesn't help, sorry, but I honestly don't think you'd go wrong with either.

Offline Ankle Deep

• Bowed Up
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 09 - 08:58:16 PM »
Thanks Jeff. See you next week.

Offline Rooster

• Bowed Up
    • MAJESTY OUTDOORS
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 09 - 04:24:38 PM »
good stuff here........

great rods and great people.

Welcome to the "hood" Ankle Deep!  Oh yea....I recommend the Curado.

Offline heavyduty

• Admin
  • Bowed Up
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 09 - 06:34:29 PM »
It is great to have them back on. I have fished with Jeffs Waterloo a couple of times and love it. I just wish I could afford one. One of these days Santa Clauss with bring me one.

Offline Brickman

• On Fish
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 09 - 06:06:31 PM »
Girlie has hers paired to a Curado. Been thinking of swiping it when she's not paying attention- the ole' switcharoo- but I know I'd take such a beatin' for that when I got caught. Still...
,Brickman

Offline Darth Wader

• Bowed Up
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 09 - 06:14:29 PM »
When is the next boat show so I can check out a Waterloo?  ;)

Offline Rooster

• Bowed Up
    • MAJESTY OUTDOORS
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 09 - 07:05:29 PM »
When is the next boat show so I can check out a Waterloo?  ;)

Darth, they will be in Corpus at the "On the Water" Boat Show at the T-Heads.  It will be in the spring.

Offline Darth Wader

• Bowed Up
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 09 - 07:17:31 PM »
Darth, they will be in Corpus at the "On the Water" Boat Show at the T-Heads.  It will be in the spring.

Cool, are you going to be there?

Offline Rooster

• Bowed Up
    • MAJESTY OUTDOORS
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 09 - 07:27:48 PM »
Cool, are you going to be there?

"Lord willing and the creek don't rise"!  I'll be at the New Water Boatworks booth.

Offline Darth Wader

• Bowed Up
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 09 - 07:59:53 PM »
I have heard good things about the Boatwork's boats,,,how do you rate the Curlews and Ibis in draft and plane? Specifications?

Offline Rooster

• Bowed Up
    • MAJESTY OUTDOORS
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 09 - 08:02:22 PM »
I have heard good things about the Boatwork's boats,,,how do you rate the Curlews and Ibis in draft and plane? Specifications?

For those 2 traits you mentioned, they are 2nd to none.  As for specs.....check out their website.

www.newwaterboatworks.com

Offline J.Dean

• CEO
  • Bowed Up
    • Texas Flats Fishing
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 09 - 08:18:17 PM »
Guys, this is my Waterloo thread.

Offline marker150

• Bowed Up
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 09 - 08:31:58 PM »
I bought a Wateroo rod  last year at the CC international boat show and I think it is the best rod I have owned!!

I found them via a link here n the TFF forum and went to the show just to see their rods..